Assembly and Manufacturing challenges solved:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Assembly and Manufacturing modules offer the functionality you need to make informed decisions about inventory purchase, stocking, and production.
Start with simple assembly kits and bill of materials (BOMs). Assemble to stock, or on the fly in a sales order. For more lengthy or complex fabrication or manufacturing needs, Microsoft Dynamics Business Central’s Premium provides full material requirements (MRP) and master production scheduling (MPS) functionality.
Requirements often needed for critical oilfield equipment:
For many types of equipment used in the oilfield, tracking serial numbers of key component parts can be as important as tracking the serial number of the finished goods. Knowing what lots of certain materials originate from may also be important. Microsoft Dynamics Business Central’s Tracing functionality provides full “cradle to grave” tracking of both serialized and lot assigned items, from purchase, transfer, production, and sale.
If your manufacturing needs are fairly simple, or you are new to manufacturing software, you can implement manufacturing in phases. Beginning with just the basics gives you immediate benefits while it also simplifies the implementation process and creates less disruption (risk) to your business.
You can define the critical manufacturing and reorder policies that MRP will use to calculate net requirements. The program suggests what to order based on fact rather than guesswork, offers complete visibility into how it came up with these suggestions, and offers the flexibility to adapt and adjust your manufacturing policies, on the fly, as your ever-changing business demands dictate.
The Assembly and Manufacturing Modules together provide the following features:
- Maintain an inventory database for parts, sub-assemblies, and finished goods.
- Efficiently manage bills of materials, lead times, and production orders.
- Keep track of revisions to Bills of Materials.
- Assemble, fabricate, or manufacture items for sale or rental.
- Track serial numbers of components as well as finished goods.
- Record replacement of parts and the date they were replaced.
- Planning tools recommend and automatically create and schedule purchase orders, transfer orders, and production orders based on demand or desired stock levels.
- Calculate available-to-promise and capable-to-promise availability during sales order entry.
- Create routing Steps with labor and parts consumed at the beginning, at completion, or during any step of production.
- Use routing steps to track subcontracted work or treatment provided by a vendor
- Backflush, forward flush or consume parts at any stage of production.
- Consume standard quantities of parts and labor or specify actual quantities used
- Proper handling of inventory, cost of sales, and work in progress