User Based Licensing Types
Business Central connects teams across your business with tools to help them work more efficiently, collaborate better, and respond more quickly to changes to meet your business goals.
Business Central, licensed by the assigned user, is available with Essentials or Premium levels of capabilities as shown below. You may license users either with an Essentials license or a Premium license, but not both. Team Members are priced substantially lower as they have full read capability, if allowed in their permissions, and limited ability to enter information. Contact us for more detail.
Essentials – Full user rights to the following:
Business Central Essentials provides a wide range of operational and management capabilities, including:
- All Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- AI-Supported Forecasting
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management and Inventory
Premium – Full user rights to the following:
Business Central Premium is licensed by an assigned user and includes all Essentials license capabilities plus:
- Service Order Management
Essentials and Premium user licenses also include:
- Unrestricted Business Central Team Members access.
- 3 External Accountant licenses for organizations with third-party accountants who wish to connect to Business Central. External Accountant licenses provide all the same user rights as assigned Business Central licenses except for access to the user set up or administrative tasks.
- Unlimited companies.
- Limited access per tenant of access to Cortana Intelligence, which can compile data from a variety of sources to deliver more actionable insights and analytics.
Team Member – Limited user rights to either Essentials or Premium:
This license, assigned to a named user, provides read access to all functionality (that the user has been granted permissions to), and limited selected write access to functionality in Business Central deployments. Contact us for details.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Team Members
Full Read Capabilities (Essentials or Premium)
Limited Selected Write Capabilities
Dynamics 365 Business Central Essentials
Per User/ Month
Sales and Marketing
Sales Order Management
Purchasing and Payables
Supply Planning and Availability
Job / Project Management
Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium
All Capabilities Included in Essentials plus:
Device Based Licenses
Device Licenses are available in certain situations such as when multiple people use the same device and generic user name and log on at different shifts.
Contact us for more information.