Connect people and processes like never before – Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Be ready for growth with an all-in-one business management solution that helps companies connect their financials, sales, service, and operations to streamline business processes, improve customer interactions, and make better decisions.
Video: Summary of Dynamics 365 Business Central, showing the software.
PDF: D365 Business Central Capabilities
Make ordering, selling, invoicing, and reporting easier and quicker
Dynamics 365 Business Central automatically pulls your systems and processes together so your people don’t have to. You’ll have a more complete picture across your business, with reports when and where you need them. Handle the most common business processes from day one, so you’re up and running quickly. With Dynamics 365 Business Central, change doesn’t get in the way of your day-to-day.
Increase financial visibility
- Make informed decisions with connected data across accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, and customer transactions.
- Chart financial performance in real-time with built-in Power BI dashboards. Identify patterns and trends and gain new insights with in-depth analysis and unlimited dimensions.
- Accelerate financial close and reporting and maintain compliance with quick, accurate, and streamlined accounts receivable and payable.
- Improve forecast accuracy with comprehensive data modeling and analysis. Customize and share reports with seamless Excel integration.
Optimize your supply chain
- Predict the optimal time to replenish stock with built-in intelligence. Use sales forecasts and expected stock-outs to automatically create purchase orders.
- Get a holistic view of inventory for timely order fulfillment. Track every item transaction and movement by setting up bins based on warehouse layout and storage unit dimensions.
- Calculate and optimize manufacturing capacity and resources to improve production schedules and meet customer demands.
- Maintain the right amount of inventory by automatically calculating stock levels, lead times, and reorder points. When requested items are out of stock, automatically suggest replacements.
Boost sales and improve service
- Prioritize sales leads based on revenue potential. Keep track of all customer interactions and get guidance on best to upsell, cross-sell, and renewal opportunities throughout your sales cycle.
- Accelerate the sales process from quote to cash. Act quickly on sales-related inquiries, manage service requests, and process payments—all from within Outlook.
- Gain a comprehensive overview of your service tasks, workloads, and employee skills to effectively assign resources and facilitate case resolution.
Deliver projects on time and under budget
- Create, manage, and track customer projects using timesheets along with advanced job costing and reporting capabilities. Develop, modify, and control budgets to ensure project profitability.
- Manage resource levels by planning capacity and sales. Track invoicing for customers against planned costs on orders and quotes.
- Make effective decisions with real-time insights on project status, profitability, and resource usage metrics.
Protect your data and support GDPR compliance
- Respect your customers’ right to privacy and set up your business to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Grant and restrict access to personal data on multiple levels and implement audit trails to ensure security and accountability.
- Handle, store, and transmit data securely across your systems while protecting it from unauthorized access with automatic Microsoft datacenter encryption.
Run your business anywhere
- Get the same user experience no matter how you deploy—in the cloud, on-premises, or a combination of both.
- Take your business on the go with a consistent, intuitive experience across Windows, Android, or iOS devices for mobile access to Business Central.
For additional information on Dynamics 365 Business Central’s capabilities, please see our Business Central Capabilities Guide.
Video: Comments with Microsoft executives and Business Central clients